By Graham C. Lim (August 4, 2021)
A brief arrangement and description of businessmen-Philanthropists’ Edwin C. Fabro (陳炳清) as FESSAP President and Antonio L. Tiu (林江揚) as FESSAP Honorary President, respectively, on the Terms of Office from 2021-2023:
As Board Member of the Federation of Filipino-Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (FFCCCII), Edwin C. Fabro (陳炳清) was highly recommended and endorsed by Mr. Alvin Tai Lian (戴亞明), the Chairman of the Board of the Federation of School Sports Association of the Philippines (FESSAP) to become the President of the FESSAP which was simultaneously approved by the members of the FESSAP Executive Committee the final evaluation in concurrent with Mr. Antonio L. Tiu, the Honorary President of the FESSAP agreed on the special arrangement. Mr. Fabro and Mr. Tiu are both elevated as members of the FESSAP Board of Trustees for 2021-2023.
Mr. Edwin C. Fabro also holds the important position as the FFCCCII Chairmanship on the Property Committee, who not long ago donated a school building to Central Mindanao University in the Southern Region. Further, Mr. Fabron is the past President of the Eastern Rizal Filipino–Chinese Chamber of Commerce Inc. with an office located on Sumulong Highway, Mayamot, Antipolo City. From a business perspective, Mr. Fabro is the current President of the KEIM HING Steel Corporation which is located in the Province of Misamis Oriental, and at the same time, the Board Chairman of the B&E Realty and Development Corporation situated in Metro Manilla.
Mr. Antonio L. Tiu is the CEO of a publicly listed agricultural trading company, Agri Nurture, Inc (ANI), a listed agriculture firm that engages in the manufacturing and distribution of pure fruit beverages and dried fruit snacks, process fruit mix, frozen fruits, vegetables, and dairy and rice products, and also the CEO of fintech conglomerate Greenergy Holdings Inc. (GREEN). Moreover, Mr. Tiu is the President and CEO of the Philippine Infradev Holdings, Inc., and Makati City Subway Inc., a joint venture with the City Government of Makati for the construction and operate the multi-billion dollar intra-city subway project.
At the top of the agenda of the board meeting last held in February of this year was the election of a new set of Members of the FESSAP Board of Trustees. Previously, the two-year term (2019-2021) of the FESSAP president Mr. Angel Ngu, was concluded on February 15, 2021. The following members of the FESSAP Board of Trustees being attested by the FESSAP Chairman of the Board, Mr. Alvin Tai Lian, in conjunction with the FESSAP Executive Committee headed by CEO/Secretary General Graham C. Lim (林剛陵), Prof. Robert Milton Calo as Chairman of the FESSAP Membership Committee, the Board Secretary Maria Cecilia Sarmiento, and the Special Executive Assistant & Election Committee Chairperson, Atty. Maria Luz Arzaga-Mendoza, these are:
- Chairman of the Board/ Mr. Alvin Tai Lian (戴亞明)
- Vice-Chairman/ Atty. Baldomero C. Estenzo
- President/ Mr. Edwin C. Fabro (陳炳清)
- Honorary President / Mr. Antonio L. Tiu (林江揚)
- Special Executive Assistant/ Atty. Maria Luz Argaza-Mendoza
- Executive Vice President/ Prof. Robert Milton A. Calo
- Vice President/ Dr. Jesus Rodrigo Torres
- Vice President/ Mr. Felix O. Tiukinhoy Jr.
- Vice President/ Col. Ariel Porfirio O. Querubin
- Vice President/ Dr. Gregorio J. Rodis
- CEO/Secretary-General/ Mr. Graham C. Lim
- Treasurer/ Miss Jeane E. Monteverde
- Board Secretary/Miss Maria Cecilia V. Sarmiento
- Director/ Miss Alma M. Jocson
- Director/ Miss Lualhati Dela Cruz
- Director/ FISU Ambassador- Ms. Ann Janeth G. Garcia of Taekwondo
- Director/ FISU Ambassador- Mr. Sean Elijah Siy of Wushu
- Director/ Coaches Committee- Mr. Joseph A. Sy of Athletics
- Director / Mr. Allan D. Soria of the State Universities
- Director / Miss Loren Chloe Balaoing of Cordillera Region
The FESSAP National Secretariat has finally completed the successor to Mr. Angel Ngu, who has served the federation with utmost dedication. Mr. Ngu's high esteem and integrity are beyond reproach.
The smooth transition of power from Angel Ngu to Edwin C. Fabro (陳炳清) was very commendable as the FESSAP continues to uphold its commitment to serve university student-athletes from the young generation.
The FESSAP Chairman of the Board, Mr. Alvin Tai Lian, has assumed the “godfather” role for more than a decade, making the FESSAP what it is today, a robust sports organization whose main objective is to provide the youth with an avenue to excel in sports locally and internationally as well as groom them to become future leaders of our country. (gcl)